Sunday, January 13, 2013

Home Made Pedialyte {OMG Thank You Raising3Dinosaurs!!}

As she points out in her article, Pedialyte is very expensive! Especially, when it comes to buying it only when your kids need it. I know that I have had many late night runs to the store to pick this stuff up. And paying full price out of pocket, because this is something you NEVER find coupons for!

I am ecstatic to have come across this home-made version, which considering the ingredients of Pedialyte, I know is about as close to genuine as you can get. Can you believe I originally stumbled across this site because I was lost in Pinterest-lands Food section? Yep, she has a great and helpful article on how to use your oven to can certain foods! If interested you can read that article here.

Anyhow, back to what this post was about original, the Pedialyte. Here is her recipe:

1/2 cup hot water

3 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Jello gelatin powder/mix, any flavor (I used raspberry)


Mix salt, sugar and Jello with hot water until dissolved. Stir into 3 1/2 cups of water and serve over ice. You can refrigerate this up to 3 days.

There was a time that I myself was so ill, that I couldn't even keep water down. I had suffered a severe bought of Anemia, came close to days of dying the doctors said. I was told to drink Pedialyte, to attempt to keep my body on the mend afterwards. Honestly, have you tried that stuff? It was soo nasty in my opinion. But this recipe is something that I would not have minded!

This is probably the best thing I have found so far in my years of finding home-made recipes. Especially since my whole family has been battling the flu/cold for the past 3 weeks. You know the one that is ravaging the US, it is the most awful thing I have experienced. Each of us have different symptoms, and on any given day they change. 

This is something that I plan on making tonight and storing in a used milk carton {Cleaned out of course}. Putting it in the fridge and having everyone drink from it until we are all feeling well!


.




No comments:

Post a Comment